Terms and conditions
Our quotations are valid for 15 days from the Quotation Date, unless otherwise specifically written.
Quotations past the validity date are rendered null and void and should not be relied upon by the client.
In the quotation phase, none of the mentioned services, such as activities and accommodations, will be booked.
Pearl Travel Solutions (Pvt) Ltd and its subsidiary SriLankan Pearl does not conduct ‘availability-checks’ before actual booking.
Upon acceptance of the quotation by the client, Pearl Travel Solutions (Pvt) Ltd and its subsidiary SriLankan Pearl will use its best efforts to confirm bookings exactly as quoted. If not available, we will confirm the next best available option. Any cost increment will be specified.
If a sector is fully booked, we will do our best to suggest the best available alternative.
All rates are based on a per-person basis, inclusive of any VAT and service charge. Rates are either in US Dollars, Euro, or other currency, as indicated in the quotation.
General terms and conditions
Pearl Travel Solutions (Pvt) Ltd and its subsidiary SriLankan Pearl are passionate about delivering excellent travel experiences to clients.
The rates quoted are net and include all current government taxes. If government taxes are being revised, including VAT, the rates quoted will be revised accordingly.
In case of any unforeseen escalation in fuel prices, new taxes / levies on accommodations and transportation services, or hikes in entrance fees, these tax hikes, hikes in entrance fees and new levies shall also be payable extra and shall be billed accordingly with reasonable prior notice.
- Accommodation is as described on your tour proposal and listed dates along with the written meal plan in line for each day as agreed by you upon confirming the standard of room types and accommodation standards as proposed on the tour proposal.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle according to the agreed itinerary.
- Costs for train tickets (if any train rides in the agreed itinerary)
- Lunches throughout the tour, unless specified in the agreed itinerary
- Dinners throughout the tour, unless specified in the agreed itinerary
- Payments for the activities that are marked as Optional
- Christmas and New Year’s Eve supplements at accommodations
- Video camera and still camera permits at the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic in Kandy
- Supplement for accommodation in Kandy during the Kandy Esala Perahera period (July or August)
- Cost of a ticket for a reserved seat to view the Kandy Esala Perahera, which will be held in Kandy (July or August)
- Cost of beverages throughout the tour
- Expenses of a personal nature
- Any other services not specified above
- The itinerary is based on the availability of the rooms at the time of forwarding the quotation. As such, rooms are subject to availability at the time of the actual booking
- Due to high occupancy/demand, the accommodation accepts only the confirmed bookings
- Once our quotation is accepted, the final confirmation will be forwarded along with the relevant overnight stays and itinerary. We will do our best to book the mentioned accommodations or alternate similar category accommodations. In case of any price fluctuations due to a change of accommodations, we will send a revised quotation
- The official check-in time at all accommodations will be 12:00pm to 02:00pm (depends on the accommodation)
- The official check-out time at all accommodations will be 11:00am
- Accommodation check-in / check-out times are fixed and there are no guarantees for early / late check-in / out unless paid for
- Optional excursions and additional services could be provided for which we will charge additionally
- Visits to wildlife parks will be at the client’s own risk
- Safari vehicles (non-air-conditioned) available are very basic with basic insurance cover
- Payment is due on the date specified as “due date” on our invoice
- The due date will not be earlier than 31 days before the arrival of clients, except in case of deposits as described below
- The invoice amount is net; all bank fees are the responsibility of the client
- SriLankan Pearl reserves the right to cancel any arrangements without notice if payments have not been received by the due date
Deposits / advance payments may be needed to secure certain reservations, such as for transportation or accommodations. Deposits, if any, will be communicated in advance.
We realize that the majority of those who cancel their reservations do so out of necessity. Our cancellation policy takes this into account.
In case of cancellation, fees will be charged as follows:
- 31+ Days before arrival date – no cancellation charges provided no commitment or advances are made to third parties, other than accommodations
- 31 to 15 Days before arrival date – 10% of the tour price
- 14 to 7 Days before arrival date – 20% of the tour price
- 6 to 1 Day before arrival date – 50% of the tour price
- No show – 100% of the tour price
Please note that the above charges are excluding any non-refundable deposits. Pearl Travel Solutions (Pvt) Ltd and its subsidiary SriLankan Pearl endeavours to disclose such non-refundable deposits upon confirmation but cannot be held responsible for such fees charged by third parties.
Pearl Travel Solutions (Pvt) Ltd and its subsidiary SriLankan Pearl reserve the right to give no refund in case of cancellation of the remaining program, in full or part, by the travelers after they have started the tour.
Pearl Travel Solutions (Pvt) Ltd and its subsidiary SriLankan Pearl defines Force Majeure as: “Any circumstances beyond the reasonable control of a party which prevent or impede the due performance of our services, including but not limited to war or hostilities; riot or civil commotion; epidemic; earthquake, flood or other natural disasters.”
The traveler and his agent warrant that Pearl Travel Solutions (Pvt) Ltd, and its subsidiaries shall not be responsible and/or liable for costs or missed opportunities due to changes and/or cancellations in the program, or part(s) thereof due to Force Majeure.
Pearl Travel Solutions (Pvt) Ltd and its subsidiary SriLankan Pearl shall do its utmost to provide services to the best of its ability and work towards full satisfaction of the client. Pearl Travel Solutions (Pvt) Ltd and its subsidiary SriLankan Pearl acts as an intermediary between the traveler, his travel agent or tour operator, accommodations, restaurants, boat companies and other ground transportation companies. Pearl Travel Solutions (Pvt) Ltd and its subsidiary SriLankan Pearl is therefore not responsible for any loss, injury or damage sustained by the traveler, including those occurring outside the tour programs.
We shall in no event be liable to the traveler or his travel agent, by reason of breach of services or unsatisfactory services provided to the traveler by third parties or by way of indemnity or in tort or otherwise, for any loss, injury, damage, delay, change in schedule or other adverse events which are beyond the control of Pearl Travel Solutions (Pvt) Ltd and its subsidiaries and/or sustained by an act or default of any person or company providing the services to the traveler.